psalm 23: Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they will comfort me.
My husband has cancer and may be terminally ill. It is the shadow over my life.








Friday, January 7, 2011

Change of plans

Hubs woke me up Wednesday at 4.30 am screaming that he's bleeding. He's bleeding from his catheter, I thought he'd managed to pull it loose somehow.

6am we're in the emergency room. The catherer's ok, he's bleeding internally

1pm-ish, he's had 2 units of blood and he's in the ICU. The doctors are still discussing where the bleeding from and what to do about it.

6pm-ish, he's getting 2 more units of blood. The drs don't know what's bleeding and any procedure to investigate and/or stop the bleeding could make things worse

2am, he's getting a 5th unit of blood

10am Thursday, he hasn't gotten any more blood and I know that's it. They can't control the bleeding.

All day Thursday was spent talking to the drs about what level of comfort care to give him.

Now we wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment