psalm 23: Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they will comfort me.
My husband has cancer and may be terminally ill. It is the shadow over my life.








Saturday, January 1, 2011

January Plans

Not a 2011 resolution, but I'm going to meet with a lawyer and see just how much 'trouble' I'll have if hubby doesn't have a will etc in place. The house is paid for and is in both of our names and the title for one car is in his name only. I'm not sure about bank accounts, we don't have many, and we can both sign on all of them. I guess it depends who the bank thinks is the 'owner' or something. Someone he used to bowl with is a lawyer and told him our assets aren't high enough to be a problem even without a will etc. Someone else told us that I'll go through 'hell' if there's no will. I don't know.

He's been feeling better recently - we bought a couple of kichen appliances that'll be delivered, hopefully, in January sometime which means he has to get his junk out of the kitchen. Then he's losing the slack time I've been giving him about keeping his stuff out of the kitchen.

This is a 6 room house, plus a finished basement. There's NO room where two people can sit down at the same time. None. Dh is an out-of-control packrat. I don't know how, but I have got to get things under control soon.

And after last week's snow storm, moving to a small condo where someone else deals with the snow doesn't sound like a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment